Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Monday, Jul. 19, 2004 - 12:23 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
Zipping Through the 500th Entry!
This is entry #500. I cannot believe it. youch!
Well, it is going to be just a short ditzy entry. Possibly more later if I feel a bit "caught up"...
I got lots of running around to do in the next two weeks:
This Wed I am driving two hours out of town to give an art class to a bunch of kids in the countryside. It should be fun, but I have to find the art supplies, wash all the dusty plates and brushes and water jars... they haven't been used for two years (enough for 16 kids), pick out pics of animals and photocopy them onto cardstock etc etc. I have to leave at 11am, eek!
Then Friday night if I am very lucky I am going to "Evil Dead I &II, The Musical" if you can believe it... my friend Chuck noticed my cartoon character going on about it and invited me. (shshshsh if I'm lucky it is an early birthday prezzie!) So exciting. Actually, I should be concerned. There will be lots of stupid gratuitous violence. My friend Chuck wouldn't even read past the first few pages of Lynda Barry's "Cruddy". Drat. I actually will be amazed if he likes Evil Dead The Musical.
Then Saturday I have to be up again, so I can drive to Ottawa with l'Ecrivaine to see Patrick Califia. He will be reading at a meet and greet 5-7 on Sat eve, and then we are staying overnight with a friend from the long ago bi-group, spending the day in Ottawa and I'm going to a "Topping for those who normally don't Top" or something like that, workshop at 8pm on Sunday evening. By the time it ends and I drive back, it will probably be past midnight.
A couple days at home, then in the weeeee small hours in the morning on Thursday July 29th, I am hopping the plane to Saskatchewan to stay with Seite and hang out with the cousins at my family reunion. Not back til the afternoon of Aug 4.
zoom zoom. It is kinda stressful cuz there's always just a day or two to unwind then back on the road. Gotta remember to do everything.
A few things:
- FIrst coffee date with the icecream boy went fine... spent about 5 hours yapping and had some pizza
- Second date with icecream boy went fine... eeek a kiss at the end. How do I feel about it? I dunno. I think I was happier with the not-a-kiss ending. Scary. Oh and yeah, the age question didn't come up for the WHOLE first date, but he read my comic book and at the start of the 2nd date said "How old are you anyways?"... he guessed 35 or 30. Nope. 40. He's 32. Why are people so young.
- There was a breakin in the upstairs apartment two days ago while I was actually home... they climbed up the front stairs and forced the window at 2:30 pm, with a screwdriver. Stole a bunch of cds, a watch, a couple little electronic things and a sports bag, went back OUT the same window (now that is how to look suspicious!) and did the same thing at the next door neighbors on the second floor. Someone across the street saw it all and called the cops. They nabbed the guy with all the stuff. Good work, cops. My tenant still hasn't got any cds cuz the cops are keeping them as evidence for now. oops!
- Gotta get all the black and white adult language ed drawings done asap... half are due to be sent tomorrow, and the other half on Thursday. With the art classes on Wed that is a good kick in the pants. Thus the lack of long entry about all the dates, breakin etc.
- I sold the freezer, but being a ditz, I didnt say anything like "pay me for it and get the fucking thing out of my kitchen right now"... so they put a down payment and will pay the rest when they pick it up "in the next coupla weeks". Damn
- I discovered kind of a fun comic about a closet gay character in Saskatchewan (the Sask. part does amuse me, being a native myself)... if you like you can check it out. It's called "Straight Ahead" by Neil Murphy. I would advise to start at the start.
Well, gotta get to work. I shall expand on some of the above things if I get my work done. I just wish I had more coffee. zzzz.
hugs, me, wenchie.
And thanks to everyone who left nice messages about the dog trailer photos And no, I won't make one for Fatty nor for the 8 lb chihuaha, but they make great bike baskets for them... the guy who sold me the 20" wheels for the trailer sells many baskets a day for small dogs! Our neighborhood is full of em! :)
Wench, here is your horoscope for Saturday, July 17:
Both these leave me clueless. No jealousy last week, and none this week. A certain matter is over? Make an announcement? Maybe the stuff with ob, but there is hardly an announcement to make about that. Tact, diplomacy AND theatrical ability. mmm. I usually think of the first two as on the other side of the seesaw as the last. Interesting to put them together. tah.
Last week's jealousy could make a return appearance -- so please do be on your guard. Don't let anything petty
interfere with the situation.
Here is my horoscope for Sunday, July 18:
It's time to give in, stop fighting and accept that a certain matter is over. The good news is, you'll make the
announcement with tact, diplomacy and theatrical ability.
5 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009