Music today: Lots of glamrock songs I don't know. I am old.
Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Saturday, Apr. 17, 2004 - 4:32 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
Libary Sale Library Sale
This evening I went to Les amis de la bibliotheque de Montreal booksale. Here is what I bought:
Well, there ya go. Except for three or four they are all hardcover. Most are documentary books... that is nonfiction with tons of photos. Good for reference material when drawing. Yum yum. Morocco books so I can finish the Moroccan doors painted on the closet doors in the livingroom. A few old faves of children's books.
- Readers Digest Outdoors Canada
- Afrique du Sud
- Les Oiseaux
- "Faut Pas s'Laisser Faire"
- Animals and Men: an informal history of the animal as prey, as servant, as companion
- Les Grandes Cités: Le Caire (Cairo)
- Atlas Nature: Les Fleurs Sauvage
- Naître: Photos by Lennart Nilsson
- Enfants de Tous les Pays
- Panorama de la Vie Animale: les abeilles et autres insectes
- Alaska: Splendeur Sauvage
- Le Maroc que J'aime
- Peuples et Nations: Le Mexico
- A la découverte de Bresil
- Maroc: un pays à aimer, à comprendre, à connaitre
- Soudan, Pays des Nouba
- Les Pouilees: Arts et paysages
- Collection Monde et Voyages: La Yougoslavie
- Les invertébrés vivants du monde
- L'histoire de Nim le chimpanzé qui parle
- Les trésors de la Colombie
- Ma Meteor Bleue (bande dessinée de Caroline Merola
- The Three Lives of Helen Keller
- The Human Race
- Practical Woodworking
- Nature Library: The Poles
- Parade Animale du Continent Noir
- La Lutte pour la Démocracie
- The Complete Book of Needlework
- Man the Healer
- The Epic of Flight: The Pathfinders
- The Canadian Look: A century of sights and styles
- WWII (drawings from)
- How to Fit Clothes
- Great Ages of Man: The Age of Faith
- Atlantic Beaches
- A History of Flight
- Living Birds of the World
- Mother's Day is Over: The Realities and Rewards of Motherhood Today
- Canadian Families: Diversity, Conflict and Change
- The Dictionary of Mis-Information
- The New York Aquarium Book of the Water World
- Jumping Up and Down on the Roof, Throwing Bags of Water on People: Cartoons and interviews from six of America's Favorite Cartoonists
- In the Tiger's Mouth: an empowerment guide for social action
- Papineau's Guide to Sri Lanka
- Again Calls the Owl, novel by Margaret Craven
- Small Houses
- Guide visa: au Cameroun
- Guides visa: au Sénégal
- Guides visa: au Kenya
- Alsace: un voyage en 92 photos
- Les Reptiles Vivants du Monde
- Mother Goose in French
- Le Sens Artistique des Animaux
- A la découverte des Insectes
- Baby Island
- Les sept Sacraments
- Ned the Lonely Donkey
- Tiptoes the Mischievous Kitten
- The Conceited Lamb
- Little Bear
- The World of Pooh
- Mom Can't See Me
- Look Again Childcraft Annual
- The Watchers, novel by Jane Louise Curry
- Pippi Longstocking
- Father Christmas Goes on Holiday by Raymond Briggs
- A Prairie Boy's Winter by William Kurelek
- La Soeur de Robert de Marie Louise Gay
That is three boxes of books. Now I have ten, yes ten boxes of books that have no bookshelves. It is a problem. Something must be done. Soon.
Now it is late. 5:05 am. I am tired. I am going to hit the sack with a couple of these books.
Dancing in a glamrock bar with a goth room upstairs for DB's birthday. She turned the big quarter century. Funny chicky who looks like Pat Benatar with dimples. I was tired but I'm glad I went... she said I was the only one she invited who showed up. There were other friends of hers there, but you can tell they are bar regulars who were happy to see her. I think she had a good night, but I am very glad I went. It is good to be supportive of friends.
Tomorrow I have to figure out what to bring to my friend's baby shower on Sunday. Can you imagine they don't know if it is a boy or a girl and she's 8 months along?! That's kind of cool if you ask me. People will buy lots of yellow. Probably she'd like a drawing from me. No time.
That's a problem for tomorrow.
hugs to me
BTW that huge pile of books cost me $64.50 Cdn. Wow. I bet TWO of those books were worth that new.
ps... I didn't meet ANYONE with a lovely accent. (and it isn't the accent that is the problem, it is the getting me to reconsider where I live and my life, cuz usually cute accents come from far off places. Thank god I stayed home til midnight! LOL!
4 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009