Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Monday, Jul. 12, 2004 - 4:02 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
A Few Nice Things
A few nice things
- Crunchy fresh purslane weeded from the garden. Yum yum
- Frozen blueberries as a party favour. yum yum
- friends far off looking forward to your visit. Grin
- Hollihocks and hollihocks and flowers on my oleander
- Many things to do, but reading a novel in the park instead
- vacuumed floors
- Not looking up vacuum to see if it is vaccuum. Hmmm the first looks right. I used to know how to spell
- Fluffy clean doggy that smells like earth and fresh grass from where she was laying
- hot fresh coffee
- Lucky Kitty kneading my skin and muscles deeply
- clean sheets and a soft cool breeze from the window
- Someone calling to say "I want to go for coffee or dinner"
- Driving people home and chatting about gardening
- Painting the last coat of paint on the doggy trailer
- Perfect fingernail clipping sliver moon in the night sky
- Having people to send birthday presents to
- Being able to sleep in without stress
- Sunny day with no rain
- The smell of trees in bloom wafting by as I walk on the street
- Bright orange lilies bobbing their heads
- Healthy kitty cuddling and butting my arm with her nose
- Avocado dip
- calm relaxed feeling of life
A few quotes via SquirrelX's^
"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do;
the fun is having lots to do and not doing it."
"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles.
The letters get in the wrong places."
"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul,
with all one's goodness and righteousness."
"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that's left is a compromise."
4 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009