Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Saturday, Nov. 06, 2004 - 3:48 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
To Do List again yikes
OK, go back one to read a comic. Cuz this is the second entry tonight.
Now let's see. Once again I feel like I have done nothing today. You know i used to have sort of panic attacks or rather be overcome with stress and anxiety, not really "attacks" just general malaise, in about 1990/92 about feeling like I "did nothing" and I had to start writing on a big paper in my kitchen everyday what I did to prove myself wrong.
Today on my do-nothing day I 1) bought catfood 2) paid the rents 3) negotiated a contract with South Korea... I am awaiting what they say about the raise in price I am suggesting and also waiting to see a sample text and contract 4) called a client about the specs for new work 5) walked my dog twice 6) drew a page of comics 7) did two loads of laundry 8) bought hardware at the hardware store to hang a flourescent light for a plant, also a paint roller and a plant floodlight 9) vacuumed the floor 10) read a bazillion emails 11) washed my fall coat 12) cut and drew layout outlines on paper for the dog book 32 pages. 13) took down the hallowen lights and decorations. 14) brought in all the tomatoes from the plants cuz I'm afraid it will snow. Well, that really is not that much.
Last night before going to bed I brought in all my plants cuz I DO think one of these nights when it is not so cold it WILL snow. It has been bogglingly blustery the past two days. Huge winds blowing everything around, leaves flying through the air to beat the band, grey sky hanging low with dark clouds flitting across the expanse at breakneck speed. Blustery. Yesterday was blustery AND rainy. brrr. Hard on the umbrella.
Let's see what is on my to-do list.
Well, that's all I can think of this very moment. Hmmm, I think the water is boiling for the instant coffee (ran out of tea, and too much espresso in one night is addictive)... gotta run!
- Wash the windows for winter.
- Wash off the back porch.
- Then shut off the water outside and drain out the pipes so they don't freeze over the winter.
- Rake up the leaves a bit and clean up the front and back yards for winter.
- Hang the flourescent light in the livingroom for the plants.
- Hang xmas lights outside before it is bogglingly cold.
- Find someone to put up my doorbell so I can actually HAVE a doorbell again.
- Do the cover for the next Dog Gang book (not to be confused with the upcoming Dog picturebook... let's call the small one, next after this book, the Dog Gang2 book, and the picturebook Leo'sdog ok? Cuz they're gonna be on the agenda til January)Book a car for the 15th and 16th when I will go teach a class in a cegep (students about 17-21) in Sherbrooke.
- paint the second coat of paint on the patch in the hallway
- replace the coat hook that yanked out said patched plaster last week so I can hang my coats up again
- Cut down and freeze the front yard swisschard
- Look up a recipe or something to do with all those green tomatoes, including all the cherry ones
- Finish sanding and painting the cabinet in SurpriseGirl's apartment (3 days work)
- Finish painting and installing quarterround in Surprise Girl's kitchen, My kitchen and Decorator Boy (2nd floor)'s kitchens (several days)
- Write my bio and bibliography and send photo to Leo'sdog editors
- Send photo to Utne Reader editor
- Do 32 pages of sketches for Leo'sdog book
- Finish negotiating contract with South Korean people
- Make a cover to keep rain and snow out of the doggy trailer
- Cut paper, transfer sketches, ink and grey washes on 6 drawings for Adult Language contract before monday
- Send three comic books to woman in Texas who ordered them today
- Actually get some physical exercise. Dang I'm out of shape!!!!
- Think of xmas presents
- Choose which promo portrait photos I want the photographer to tweek the color on to use for business
- Call my accountant and the govt to find out what is happening with my tax report for last year and how much i owe
- Get my hair trimmed (wash it first!!)
- Get my ears checked to find out if I raise my voice cuz I'm frustrated with bad communication, or am actually quite deaf
- Sand the patches on the hallway wall and living room ceiling and paint (several days)
- Fix the mirror in the kitchen which is sliding down (it is little mirror tiles)
- Call Disappearing Boy to get together in the next week
- Put up posters for my singer friend Athena's upcoming concert
- Go to CPR class and First AId class for 8 hours on Sunday
- Find time and money to go to dentist hahaha (that is scepticism, the haha)
- Clean out inbox, sent and draft files in email... over 2000 messages in each. ouch.
- Update my website with latest work
- Make a card to announce my illustration website and send it out. Yah, I haven't done a thing on that front since I asked for advice on the image a month ago. I just decided not to use the image and havent done anything else
BTW my painting class was a gas. I was so tired, and have not gotten over being so tired, but we had a live model, and she was GREAT!! I have seen so many models who do the same poses, and she was very inventive with interesting poses. Turns out she is a performance artist and has auditioned for Cirque du Soleil! I have never done watercolor directly from the model before and it was very exciting. Lots of color, very fun. mmmm. So I was totally happy with my class on Thursday. A very cool thing. Totally wipes me out cuz it fucks up with my sleep schedule... I have to do all my regular Wed night stuff as well as all my regular Thursday during the day stuff on Wednesday, then I don't get enough sleep, up three hours earlier than usual, and then a hugely busy day, but it is really a great thing, this watercolor class.
Unfortunately the drawings are on paper about six or eight times the size of my scanner. Maybe I'll try to scan in a small corner which will give an idea of the brushstrokes and color but not much else.
6 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009