Saturday, Apr. 03, 2004 - 4:52 p.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
I'm sure some of you have gotten this in your inbox, but what the heck. This is from a friend of mine. Enjoy.
IT'S HARD TO BE A REPUBLICAN IN 2004
Somehow, you have to believe that . . .
1. You have to believe that you love Jesus and Jesus loves you, and that Jesus shares your hatred of AIDS victims, homosexuals, and Hillary Clinton.
2. The United States should get out of the United Nations, and our highest national priority is enforcing U.N. resolutions against Iraq.
3. "Standing Tall for America" means firing your workers and moving their jobs to India.
4. A woman can't be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multi-national corporations can make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.
5. Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you are millionaire conservative radio jock, which makes it an "illness" and needs our prayers for your "recovery".
6. The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans' benefits and combat pay.
7. Group sex and drug use are degenerate sins unless you someday run for governor of California as a Republican.
8. If condoms are kept out of schools, adolescents won't have sex.
9. A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our long-time allies, then demand their cooperation and money.
10. HMOs and insurance companies have the interest of the public at heart.
11. Providing health care to all Iraqis is sound policy. Providing health care to all Americans is socialism.
12. Global warming and tobacco's link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
13. It is okay that the Bush family has done $millions of business with the Bin Laden family.
14. Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush's daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a "we can't find Bin Laden" diversion.
15. A president lying about an extramarital affair is an impeachable offense. A president lying to enlist support for a war in which thousands die is solid defense policy.
16.Government should limit itself to the powers named in the Constitution, which include banning gay marriages and censoring the Internet.
17.The public has a right to know about Hillary's cattle trades, but George Bush's driving record is none of our business.
18.You support states' rights, which means Attorney General John Ashcroft can tell states what local voter initiatives they have a right to adopt.
19.You have to believe that what Clinton did in the 1960's is of vital national interest but what Bush did decades later is "stale news" and "irrelevant".
20.Trade with Cuba is wrong because the country is communist, but trade with China and Vietnam is vital to a spirit of international harmony.
21. You have to believe that the ACLU is bad because they defend the Constitution, while the NRA is good because they defend the Constitution.
I could probably come up with different ones if I thought awhile but I'm actually going to try to get to the gym for the second time since Christmas. Of course we each, in our own way, are somewhat conflicted and hypocritical. But not all of us are running a country and hoping to run the world, or at least most of it. Jeesh.
Well, I searched this on google, and it is around in various forms. I might come back and change some of this later, but if you wnt to read more, and some of it quite good, here's another site
3 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
*inspired by Chaosdaily