Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Sunday, May. 09, 2004 - 11:29 p.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
Things to Buy Wish List
Just to add to the "to do list", here is a "spend money on" list. Hmmm.
(if it is striken out, it is paid for)
- A plane ticket home to the family reunion at the end of July...approx $700
- A ticket to the musicfest and a car to drive there (Communauto??) in August... approx $1000
Box of tampons.. approx $5
- Resole army boots...approx $40
Toothpaste... will run out this week... approx $2 A cart/ trailer for bicycle for doggies arthritis... approx $400-500
- Resole my Birkenstocks... approx $80
- Replace rotten wood on back balcony (mine, not the tenants)... approx $100
Get rotten wood from balconies upstairs lugged away...$40 Pick up developed film at the pharmacy... approx $8
- Dig out back lawn and put new dirt to regular street level instead of the 6" topsoil on top of gravel above street level like now... approx $7000
- More organic flake breakfast cereal... approx $7
- Dental checkup... approx $125
- New bookshelves... approx $300
- Pay off my credit margin... approx $6000
- Pay off my 2003 income tax ... approx $5000
Trip to Toronto to see M*dori's humiliation workshop... approx $200
- toilet paper (will run out tonight)... approx $5
- Register domain name for illustration site... apprpox $25, plus $7-25 per month
- Another 5 weeks of flamenco classes for Carmen for our show end of June... $25
- Reprint first book of comics of which I only have about 30 copies... approx $3000
Buy bedding plants for garden and front yard by June 1.. approx $100 Month and a half of Conglu for doggy's hips... approx $70
- New chair for studio ... approx $100
Half pound of organic butter (will run out tonight)..approx $4
- Two new pairs of 501 jeans to replace ones I went through the butt on.. approx $90
- Bleach for my hair... approx $7
- Cut my hair before next weekend... approx $12
- Fax paper... approx $10
- New secondhand cd player that will actually play more than one try out of four... $40??
- Cat food.. approx $40
- Cat and dog vaccines, heart worm test and heart worm meds... approx $150
Renew CAA membership... $95
- New fan not broken for Carmen performance... approx $20
Buy BBEdit online so I can make my webpages (demo ran out)... approx $220
- Get bike retuned for spring.. approx $50
- Refill four bottles of biodegradable laundry detergent ... approx $25
- New arch supports for my shoes... approx $40
Pay Visa Bill... $182 (I should frame it since it is bogglingly LOW!! Pay last winter Hydro (heating) bill... $288
- Buy a couple new bras to replace dead ones... approx $30
- New desk lamp for drawing table (old one broke)... approx $20
- Plumber and metalwork repair guys for the building...cost unknown... get estimate.
More reworkable fixatif that just ran out...approx $9
Well, that is enough off the top of my head. Not including breakfast croissants and dark chocolate. Or thigh high black platform boots. Or another trip to the UK or San Fran or... hehe. Those are just goodies.
Back to work now. I will have some drawings scanned tonight to put in an entry, I promise!! The Baby book, of which we saw a couple sketches before.
BTW I think I am going to keep updating the "to do list"... and
striking out things I have gotten done, as well as this list... they will be listed to the side with the 101 things. Yeah. It will make me feel like I am making an advance. haha.
1 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009