Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Saturday, May. 08, 2004 - 8:12 p.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
Perhaps Too Much to Do in Five Days
To Do List:
Get a new curtain rod for the one pulled down by the kitty in my bedroom
- Take books by the Double Hook bookstore on my bike
- Find out about getting someone to replace the rotted out fencepost in the backyard
Figure out what to do for the "Shameless Pampering" I have volunteered to do to liven up a cabaret night, and get all needed supplies Figure out which images to use to promote my illustration this year, and get them taken to the scanning place, and fill out and take in all pertinent paperwork by June 15 Do all sketches and finals for a children's novel, including color cover, for end of June Arrange for place to stay for family reunion this summer
- Buy plane tickets for said reunion, arrange cat, dog and garden care
- Look over renewal of professional insurance and renew it
Collect June rents and put them in the bank Measure the space needed inside a box for the doggy to lay in, so I can order a trailer to pull her behind the bike Get down and dirty and really comparison shop for said bike trailer and order it
- Rendered null: I'm getting it delivered to me in Canada:
See if I can get anyone I know in the states to receive said trailer and bring it to Canada for me instead of paying huge import fees Get shit together for garage sale Hold said garage sale Plant hostas in the backyard (pick up cat shit there first and arrange netting so cats will no longer shit there
- Pick up, reinforce sagging deck,
move over about six inches and plant Virginia Creeper plants beside it.
- Arrange car for going to Ottawa end of July for one day
- Wash dog drool off of hallway walls
Make some sort of little blanket to cover spot on sofa cats lie on and make full of hair
- Wash stickiness off of horizontal blinds in studio (from honeydew exuded by scale insects) so they will stop sticking together
- sew cuffs together on black henley shirt
- Spray down all plants in the front room and scrub leaves for scale insects
Dig up mature compost from underneath the compost pile and work it into planting area for tomatoes in front yard Make new compost pile in back further from the ferns and lily of the valley Call lady who might have a home for the feral cat and her kittens (hahaha... this cat comes out and goes into attack position to anyone coming within 5 feet of her babies)
- Find bookshelves for the 7 boxes of books in studio and livingroom
- Find space in studio to put bookshelves for 7 boxes of books
- Make and eat all old jello pudding and cake mixes in kitchen cupboards from when Mom moved 3 years ago (started... i've had one bowl of chocolate jello pudding)
- Wash down and put away everything in the basement covered with concrete dust
- Dig up front yard, put down paving stones and lay new sod for lawn
- Make website for illustration work
Scan in 8 pages of comics Upload 2 pages to my comic website, and send other 6 pages to queer cartoonists' catalogue
- Make appointment for cats and dog to get their vaccines, and heart worm medication
- Wash off all containers of cleaner, shoe polish etc underneath bathroom sink and find a child-friendly place to put them instead.
Clean out hookah Go to the clinic and see if I actually do need antibiotics to get rid of the cold in my head and chest (still there after 10 days)
- Patch four pairs of jeans (holes inside thighs, ass)
Rethread neck ribbon in Elizabethan undergarment
- Buy new arch supports for shoes
- Get all biodegradable laundry detergent containers refilled at shop.
Send check for second payment to organic farm for this summer's box of veggies Arrange catsitter and dogsitter for going to Toronto next weekend. Finish drawings final lineart on 12 pages of drawings and do watercolor cover to send for Tuesday Clean out chest freezer and put up for sale
- Call more shops to see if they will sell my book
- Finish scanning in page samples, and make webpages to sell my minicomics
- Look at Nina Paley's dvd of her animations she sent me and write what I think
Write an email to writer friend about her story I read last night Make sales material promoting my previous two books to send with promo material for latest book
- Send above material to shops for orders
Do sketches for new contract for adult language book for Wednesday Do final sketch for cover of Far North Book Do all full color final illustrations for inside of Far North Book Finish all sketches for Far North book and make an appointment to show them to the editor Pay Visa, Hydro and Bell bills practice my flamenco steps and castanets
- Write an email to Alison Bechdel about her latest book
- Look into taking journalism classes in the fall
- Take photos of and make poster to sell my first pair of climbing shoes
- Make a space in my studio to give art classes to kids
- Make up ideas for classes, call parents who have given me their #s and start classes
Write bio for publisher's website
- Clean out email boxes: "sent", "inbox", "old inbox"
- Call computer guy to see why my Word program crashes all the time
- Call plumber to fix air in pipes in building
- Call metal railing company to fix front stairs to the second floor
- Finish sewing collar on sleeveless red shirt with cowboys
Pack comics for Toronto sale next weekend Call around and see if I can get a bicycle trailer for my dog made here in Montreal Get rid of old boombox that doesn't wor, also cd player. Get new cd player (secondhand) that works
- Reorganize all original drawings to store them better and have space for more
- Finish painting second "Morroccan door" in livingroom
- Fix plaster and paint livingroom ceiling
- Fix mirror tiles over kitchen sink sliding down the wall
- Change washer in bathroom sink in apartment on second floor
- Read the novels mom sent me for Christmas
Go through my books and find "good books" in English for the guy at the café to borrow
- Call my ex's girlfriend and arrange to exchange the books we borrowed from each other, now that i'm not seeing my ex anymore (as friends)
Call Mom for mother's day. Dont feel bad I didn't remember enough in advance to send a present or card
- Fix chairs in studio that have unglued legs and broken upholstery
Change cat litter
- Get rid of stack of lumber on back porch
- Pull nails out of salvaged boards from upstairs balconies
- Put floor stand cd holder on the wall to make more space
Cook up Japanese knotweed sprouts I picked yesterday Dig up more Japanese knotweed and plant in backyard along back fence
- Invite Friend and her baby daughter over once bathroom dangers are put away
- Paint quarterround and put it under kitchen cupboards, seal so water from kitchen floor won't run into basement anymore
- Put hundreds of photos into photo albums I have bought that are lying around
- Ditto the photos from the trip to San Fran across the states with ob.
- Put away prezzies and photos of ob that are lying around
- Figure out if I can go to musicfest this summer, and if so,
write up proposal for workshop on infertility before first June (too late) Handwash lingerie and cashmere sweater Let in the cat who has been scratching on the window for the last ten minutes
- Walk the dog
- Eat supper cuz my stomach is growling
Remember to write the date I started my period into my agenda book so I don't forget once again Get over this bloody cold or start going to the gym anyways, cuz I am losing any muscle tone I once had Cut and bleach my hair before Toronto next week
- Stop writing this list and do some of the stuff on it
That is enough of a to-do list for today I think. I should be able to do all of that by next Friday. After all that is 5 days. Six if I count tonight. Yup.
Doggie walkies. Bye.
almost no one commented on last night's entry. I guess like me they didn't so much know what to say. Tah.
5 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009