Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Thursday, Jul. 14, 2005 - 4:30 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
A few Expectations of Myself
Third entry tonight.
Let's see... Expectations of Myself In General
... or things that if I don't succeed or do, I berate myself and feel like a failure:
- Be pleasant and cheerful
- Be calm and composed
- Be intelligent and thoughtful
- Be witty and funny
OK, sheesh, just with those four, I can see why I constantly berate myself and feel like a failure! hahaha! Cripey. OK< forward and onward:
- Be a hard worker, diligent and focussed
- Be successful in my career as per rising up into the cream
- Be financially secure independently
- Be on top of things and not feel overwhelmed
- Be empathetic and understanding of all sides and people
- Be kind and caring
- Be a good friend, neighbor, daughter, employee, landlady
- Take care of myself personally: be well-dressed, clean, groomed, healthy via nutrition and exercise
- Be able to provide aid for friends, relatives, my pets and others (via charity)
- Keep the house clean, stay on top of housework
- Take care of my pets: food, health, exercise, lodgings
- Take care of my building, including upkeep and renovations
- Take care of my front and back yards
- Plant, grow and harvest my garden
- Be socially involved with friends and others
- Be socially involved politically and with other nonprofits etc... ie give of myself to society
- Shop and grow most of my own food, make most of my own meals (ie don't order out and eat out all the time
- Be well-read, both in fiction and nonfiction
- Keep learning throughout my life: languages, skills both intellectual and physical
- Do most of my fixing myself (mending, upkeep of house etc)
- Stay sane
Dang, what a list!
I could add
- Be an academic
- Be an artistThe last divides into: 1) keep doing my comics page a day 2) be artistically good at my illustrations and develop them over my career and 3) do my own artwork, ie ceramics, painting etc.
Oops, you can tell it has been a long time:
- Be a good girlfriend/ partner: committed, caring, understanding, fun, interesting
- Be a good lover
- Be a good parent
- Create a family of family and friends
OK how many of those am I actually succeeding at? hmmm.
Well, I am succeeding at drinking one coffee a day, minimum.
What a list. It would be good to keep in mind which are a bit much all at once.
Previous entries tonight:
0 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009