Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Thursday, Jul. 14, 2005 - 5:00 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
Wild Unspoken Expectations of a Mom to Be
And continuing in the same vein:
Expectations I have of a Child
yeah, these are if the kid goes well. hah.
Things that will stress me out if they don't go well:
- That they will call me mom, and see me as their mom
- That they will grow up and become independent
- That they will welcome affection from me
- That they will be affectionate towards me
- That they will seek me out if they are afraid, tired, hurt
- That they will not ruin my life (haha! No, it is true)
- They will be open to learning from me
- That they will learn to communicate with me
- That they be relatively successful at school
- That they can spend some time amusing themselves: playing, reading, drawing, listening to tv, music whatever
- That they can play with other children
- That I can take them to public spaces such as restaurants, parks, shopping
- That they don't hurt me
- That they don't hurt my pets
- That they don't hurt themselves
- That they will want to do things with me: making cookies, camping, reading books
- That they will be able to learn
- That they will be healthy other than childhood diseases, and correctable conditions
- That they will outlive me
- That they will want to live in my home
- That they like me for the most part
- That they respect me and will respond to discipline and requests
- That they will not destroy property
- That they will not get into trouble with the law
- That they are honest and truthful
- That they are upfront and not manipulative and conniving
- That we will have some fun
- That they will sleep through the night and allow me to sleep most of the time
- That they will include me in some or most of their interests: ie if they are into softball that they let me come to their softball games
- That they will learn to do normal things, if not on "time" then eventually, including eating, toilet training, walking, talking, interacting with others, reading, working
- That they don't overwhelm me and drive me insane (ie nervous breakdown, chronic depression needing meds)
Ok, that is all I can think for now.
It is late.
Other four entries tonight:
Expectations of Myself
Expectations of myself as Parent
Waterless and zucchinis
2 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009