Music: Everything But the Girl, and Mathilde Santing from about 1985
Quote of the Day
Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.
- Pueblo Blessing
101 Things About Me
Do My Surveys
To Do List
To Buy List
Wednesday, Dec. 03, 2003 - 4:26 a.m.
Cost of the War in Iraq
WARNING!!!! if you know me personally, you may read my diary, but if you do, you take the chance of hearing things you don't want to know, misunderstanding what I've written and being hurt by it. If you are unsure if it is ok to read, save yourself and me the grief and heartache, and ask first!!! Please note that this is a DIARY, ie my subjective feelings, hearsay, suppositions, and outpourings of ranting of the moment. It does not represent objective news, the whole of what I think of a topic or someone, or even a thought-out representation of any of the above. Keep that in mind. Thanks. * Here is a Diary Etiquette Read Me.
My Tragic Flaw and Learning Things
Nothing:You didn't do anything wrong, but you get fucked over anyway. Maybe you are being punished for the past wrongs of your family, or maybe the fates are just against you.
What is Your Tragic Flaw?
brought to you by Quizilla
Damn! here I was hoping to find out my tragic flaw! You know, when things just seem to fuck up, I tell my sad story to people around me and they just go, I really don't know why wench...
And now we know that it is inexplicable. See! My therapist is right, I am normal, and my tragic flaw is "nothing". Well fuck and little shitty fishes. At least if your tragic flaw is the evil eye you keep givin everyone you wish was your friend you could just poke your eyes out!! Isn't that something Jesus said? Better to go to Heaven missing an eye, than to be in Hell cuz your eye led you to sin?? Something like that.
Now I think I will write a few things I've learned lately, and some near future plans.
A few things I've learned lately
- rotten tomatoes smell worse than most rotten veggies except for maybe brocolli. Though apparently the vegetable that makes your *semen taste the worst is asparagus. Take note.
- It is too cold to leave doggies lying on the concrete in front of the Cafe Toast Thé while I have my breakfast croissant and allongé. Her hips and rear legs with all their dysplasia, torn and mended ligaments and arthritis seize up. Yesterday I thought maybe she was just lying funny, but no, today, big trouble getting up. Poor doggies.
- If I set my egg timer thingie for about 5 minutes less than I set the dryer for, I can take the clothes out before the horrid clothes dryer buzzer goes off and scares the bejeezus out of the whole block
- double cream feta cheese is quite luscious
- so is smoked salmon cream cheese. Even without any breadlike substance
- If I feed the kitties the same ammount of food, but in two servings, kitty astrixes doesn't snarf it all down in the first hour of the day while memenou is outside (who then demands more food when he comes in), and maybe she will stop turning into a large sofa cushion with legs.
- If you throw a dark blue rubber ball in the park at night you will undoubtedly lose it
- It's easier to get lots of work done in a cafe than at home in your home office
- It's easier to get lots of work done in a cafe where no one knows you than in one that you are a regular in, where many people will stop and say "hey, whatcha been up to??"
Well that's enough of that. Another quizilla... and I may not have a tragic flaw, but I do have a personality disorder:
Which Personality Disorder Do You Have?
brought to you by Quizilla
Some things I plan to do or change in the near future
- I plan to wash the windows and put that shrinkwrappy shit over them. My fingers are just freeeezing!! Cuz my drawing table is in front of the window. The rest of the house is warm
- Except for the floor: must get a heater for the basement so the floor isn't so bloody cold!!
- I want to move all my studio furniture around. This is a huge undertaking. But I do better on motivating myself for huge undertakings, cuz, the results are huge!
- I want to get up EARLIER dammit!! Tomorrow, Wed, I want to get to the bank to put in a cheque... the US people sent me ONE of the 5 cheques they still owe me! yay! Just in time to pay the mortgage! and...
- the next day, Thursday, I want to get up early enough to get to the passport office downtown with lots of waiting time, before I go to my therapist. Hopefully it will not eat up all my waiting time and I plan to take with me my new foamcor drawing board thingie to work on my comics
- I want to get Christmas cards drawn this year before new years. That is perhaps not going to happen but I can hope, non??
- I have to change my breakfast routine. I will now start eating a hot breakfast at home (rolled oats with apple or raisins cooked into it) while reading my emails, followed by doggywalkies, with no stopping at the cafe. And then when doggy is warm at home, I will return to the cafe to draw comics and have my allongé, ... no more breakfast croissant. sniff sniff. The waitresses will be so confused.
- I want to move one of my two long (42") plant flourescent lights into the kitchen which will be the newly bugfree plant infirmary, until I can finish scrubbing them all. Death to the scale insects. grrr.
Well, that's enough for now too. More silly quizilla (I did em all another night and saved the html):
You are Kanga!
Which Winnie-The-Pooh Character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
I am Kanga. I don't know what is up with that. I always thought I was Eeyore. Maybe they picked up on my apron-wearing in the kitchen. That must be it.
Well, I'm gonna go and fold quickly (including my underwear, you silly dirtylaundry survey filling-out non-underwear-folding people!!) the three loads of laundry I did tonight. Kitty astrixes was so happy... she lies on top of the dryer where it gets VERY WARM!! The better to heat up her newly rotund fuzzy butt!!
* a tip of the research nib to Elizabeth F. Stewart for that asparagus semen link, which I found through her latest BitchSlap column about Sexy Smells!!
Remember to read my other entries from today: Visibility is not Availability and Archival Quality Diaryland, and if you REALLY don't want to leave, please scroll down My Survey Page and do a survey or two! thanks! ciao!!
"We should all do what in the long run gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry." __E.B. White
5:28 am last minute add-on... coincidentally or not, Onewetleg's entry also has her quizilla "One Tragic Flaw", and it is a stupendous entry that is well worth your time reading. Yup. The woman rocks. Gnite all.
0 People have left cute, callous or caring comments on the wench's wordiness!!
Leave yours too!!
Go to "notes" instead of comments
ps, you'll need to email me for a username and password
previous meanderings - future past
Goodbye Michael. May your next life be kinder to you. - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Taking Care of Your Cows - Thursday, Jun. 25, 2009
Saint Joseph robs the cradle and eats spaghetti - Sunday, Jun. 14, 2009
sticky notes and broken irises - Friday, Jun. 12, 2009
The FOODCOMMANDER - Monday, Jun. 08, 2009